11 January 2024

Fr. Joe Newman, OSFS, on Being Lost and Loved

"I'm so jealous of the Magi in the Gospel. I do not understand how they can see a star, follow it, get to their destination, remember gifts, and not lose the gifts along the way. Me on the other hand, I have a terrible sense of direction and need to use GPS for every trip. Every morning, I cannot find several items: keys, wallet, watch, phone. Even when I find these items, I will most definitely lose one or two of them during the day. Finally, I have a terrible habit of losing my coffee mugs. I will take three sips, put it down, walk away, and completely forget where I put it. I go through 10 coffee mugs a week and leave a trail of mugs in my wake.

"I get lost and I lose things. . . ."

In a recent commentary, Father Joe Newman, OSFS, reflected on why it is important to remember that our starting point is with God and that He is at work and fulfilling His promises.

To access Fr. Newman's complete post, please visit:

De Sales Weekly: Provincial Reflection:
Lost and Loved (11 JAN 24)

No comments:

Post a Comment