26 January 2024

Fr. Joe Newman, OSFS, on Ready Acts of Charity

"In the Introduction to the Devout Life, Francis de Sales identifies ready acts of charity as one of the descriptors of true devotion. As someone who slowly reaches for his wallet when the bill comes, I have a hard time seeing myself as ready to act with love. When reflecting on the Gospel passage where Jesus calls the apostles to follow him, we hear from Mark 1:20 that, 'immediately they left their nets and followed him.' Immediately?  I think I would have been left in the boat dragging my feet. I still say to the Lord, 'Now is the wrong time, I am not ready.'"

In a recent commentary, Father Joe Newman, OSFS, reflected on one example of St. Francis' encouragement..

To access Fr. Newman's complete post, please visit:

De Sales Weekly: Provincial Reflection:
Ready? (25 JAN 24)

No comments:

Post a Comment