20 August 2024

Br. Sebastian Vicente, O.P., on Shining before Others

"A while back I was tasked with polishing some chalices, candle followers, and patens. Polishing a chalice is simple: apply the metal polish and use a soft towel to clean it. These chalices, I thought, had seen better days. There was no luster or sheen on them, they were completely dull and tarnished. But, as I polished them I realized how long it took to clean just one. I realized that I was being too soft and careful with them, and so it was taking too long. So I decided to put my back into it and they began gleaming again. The beautiful pattern engraved in the chalice started to appear and when I looked at it, I could see my own reflection. 

"Despite all our tarnish, we too are meant to shine and reflect the face of Christ upon the world. . . ."

In a recent commentary, Brother Sebastian Vicente, O.P., reflected on how often we do not reflect the Father in our daily lives and on the importance of carrying Christ "in our hearts to give others the eternal gifts of the Father."

To access Br. Sebastian's complete post, please visit:

Dominicana: Shine Before Others . . . (20 AUG 24)

No comments:

Post a Comment