09 August 2024

Mr. Matthew Trovato, OSFS, on St. Dominic

"As we celebrate St. Dominic’s Feast Day (August 8), the founder of the Dominican order, it gives me an opportunity to renew my appreciation for the influence that the Dominicans have had on my life. . . .

"Throughout the last several years, I have found myself continually returning to some of the wisdom I gained through conversation and learning from them. Their depth of understanding helped me to shed new light on aspects of Salesian Spirituality that I had not appreciated previously. The teachings of St. Thomas Aquinas have such lasting influence and remain relevant today because they give a holistic account of how to view each aspect of reality and how the whole of reality hangs together. I have yet to encounter a system of thought so expansive and intuitive."

In a recent commentary, Mr. Matthew Trovato, OSFS, reflected on some of the insights he has received from the Order of Preachers..

To access Mr. Trovato's complete post, please visit:

De Sales Weekly: Salesian Reflection: St. Dominic (8 AUG 24)

No comments:

Post a Comment