25 April 2010

Reasons to Be Early for Mass

I have previous mentioned a blog by Jamie McAdams, a Kansas City police officer. In his blog (Roman Catholic Cop), Jamie recently wrote a commentary on why it is good to be early for Mass.  He had some great (and humorous) comments, which were the result of his taking time to encourage himself not to be regularly just on time or late for Mass.

Jamie's post:
     Roman Catholic Cop: Top Eight Reasons to be Early for Mass

On a personal note, I ususally prefer to be about fifteen or twenty minutes early for Mass (although it often doesn't happen that way). I use this period of time to place my entire self in the Lord's presence, to focus on the upcoming sacrifice and to get into a spirit of prayer, to ask the Holy Spirit to lead me through the Mass, and to empty into the Lord's hands any concerns that may be within or swirling around me (whether I am aware of them or not). If I am running close to on time, I still try to do these preparations, but it is a disjointed effort (but I leave that in the Lord's hands).

No comments:

Post a Comment