01 April 2012

Jennifer Fulwiler on Pitfalls for New Converts

“When I came into communion with the Church five years ago, wise Catholics warned me that the road might get rocky in the years ahead. They reminded me that my conversion did not end, but only began, that night at Easter Vigil. They counseled me to prepare to be tested over and over again as I lived my life as a Catholic.”

During the various Easter Vigil services on Holy Saturday, thousands of people will be received into the Church here in the United States and throughout the world.

In a recent commentary, Jennifer Fulwiler reflected on challenges that are faced by converts to Catholicism after their initiation into the Church and by “reverts” who are coming back to the Church. These challenges include spiritual attacks that will occur, the tendency to think of Catholics as perfect, not developing a relationship with Jesus, not seeking answers to tough questions, and not becoming active in a parish.

To access Ms. Fulwiler’s complete post, please visit:

NCRegister: Jennifer Fulwiler: Top 5 Pitfalls for New Converts (30 MAR 12)

No comments:

Post a Comment