01 October 2012

Msgr. Pope on the Accounting We Must One Day Make to God

“Earlier . . . at daily Mass, we read from the Book of Proverbs and among the Proverbs we read was this one:

All the ways of a man may be right in his own eyes, but it is the Lord who measures hearts. (Proverbs 21:2).

“And in this Proverb we see an important reminder for our times.For an increasing attitude of our times it says, in effect, ‘I will do what I want to do, and I will decide whether it is right or wrong.’ In other words, ‘No one is going to tell me what to do, I answer to no one.’”

In a recent commentary, Monsignor Charles Pope (pastor of Holy Comforter-Saint Cyprian Parish, Washington, DC) reflected on the accounting we must one day render to God for what we have done (or not done).

To access Msgr. Pope’s complete post, please visit:

Msgr. Charles Pope: A brief meditation on the truth that we will all answer to God. (27 SEP 12)

No comments:

Post a Comment