10 February 2016

Bishop Tobin on Listening to God

"'If we knew how to listen to God, we would hear him speaking to us. For God does speak. He speaks in his Gospels. He also speaks through life - that new gospel to which we ourselves add a page each day.'

"When I was in the minor seminary in the 1960s, my spiritual director gave me a neat little book called 'Prayers,' written by French priest and theologian Michel Quoist. The quote listed above is taken from this well-known book which I've had on my bookshelf for well over fifty years now."

In a recent commentary, Bishop Thomas J. Tobin, of the Diocese of Providence (RI), reflected on the importance of trying to find God in the people and events we encounter each day.

To access Bishop Tobin's complete essay, please visit:

Without A Doubt: If We Knew How to Listen to God (21 JAN 16)

No comments:

Post a Comment