28 February 2016

Msgr. Pope on the Great Reversal

"One of the strong traditions of Scripture is of the great reversal that will one day come for many. I have been sobered by it when I consider how blessed I have been in this life; I have been consoled by it when I struggle to understand why some people seem to suffer so much more than I or others do.

"Life seems a very uneven proposition if we only look at our side of the equation. Only God sees the whole picture. To some extent, though, He has revealed that those who suffer much in this life will be rewarded in the life to come; there will be a great reversal.

"The theme of the great reversal is most fully developed in the New Testament where the understanding of the life to come is also most developed. . . ."

In a recent commentary, Monsignor Charles Pope (pastor of Holy Comforter-Saint Cyprian Parish, Washington, DC) reflected on the reality of the Great Reversal and on the importance of storing up treasure in Heaven.

To access Msgr. Pope's complete post, please visit:

Community in Mission: Many Who Are Last Shall Be First: A Meditation on the Great Reversal Declared in Scripture (25 FEB 16)

No comments:

Post a Comment