18 June 2018

A Baptist Explains Why He Likes to Pray in a Catholic Church

"As a Baptist, I watch people in airports, in restaurants, in the mall… and in church. I wish I could focus on God in church, but I just can’t when there are people around.

"As a Baptist, I watch people in airports, in restaurants, in the mall… and in church. I wish I could focus on God in church, but I just can't when there are people around. . . .

"Fortunately, there is a church near my home that is open most of the time. I have never been there except during daylight hours, but it has always been open and there are seldom people there.

"Yes, it is a Catholic church and I am not Catholic, but no one has ever tried to stop me from entering and praying. I don't think anyone ever would, although I'm sure I look very much like an average interloping Baptist."

In a recent commentary, writer Michael McDonald reflected on his positive experience in praying in Catholic churches (including, besides the silence, holy water and the crucifix).

To access Michael's complete post, please visit:

ChurchPOP: Why This Baptist's Favorite Place to Pray is His Local Catholic Parish Church (13 JUN 18)

No comments:

Post a Comment