24 March 2020

Br. Dominic Koester, O.P., on Being Imperfectly Holy

"I'm having an absolutely terrible day. I feel awful!

"Why, you ask?

"Well, I bombed that exam I studied so hard for, which means I've blown my shot of getting that scholarship.

"Then I had a conversation that didn't go right, and now I've offended my friend and damaged our relationship. 

"After that, I made a big mistake at work; my boss is furious and I am humiliated. . . .

"Pretty bad, huh? But I haven't even told you the worst part yet: on top of all that, I'm a Christian.

"What's so bad about that? You see, the Lord Jesus commands all Christians to 'be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect' (Matt 5:48). As is clear from my horrendous day, I am far from perfect! . . ."

In a recent commentary, Brother Dominic Koester, O.P., reflected on the perfection commanded by God and His offer of "graces of faith, hope, and charity, that man may love with the same love with which God loves him, and thus become perfect as God is perfect."
 
To access Br. Dominic's complete post, please visit:

Dominicana: Imperfectly Holy (24 MAR 20)

No comments:

Post a Comment