28 March 2020

Kathryn Jean Lopez on the Faithful Rising to the Coronavirus Challenge

"Well, now. These are certainly some different times. I normally travel a bit like a maniac. Because I have platforms to share news and commentary, I have long felt it a little bit of my responsibility to make sure I am seeing and hearing as much as possible. It's sometimes wearing for an introvert, but it's really an honor and a privilege to get to meet people and listen to them, tell a few of their stories and learn from them and share some of their wisdom. Even on a given day, the number of people I am able to interact with can be amazing - and sometimes overwhelming, but always blessings, even when things are unexpected and challenging and even painful. . . .

"But now life is very different. Many of us are in self-quarantine and shelter-in-place scenarios of the sort I don't think we even considered would be a part of our lives a month ago. It's a bit stunning. For the first hours and days, I didn't even know who I was. While I constantly crave quiet, there seemed something so unjust about this, especially when I think about the people who do'’t have any semblance of it."

In a recent commentary, nationally syndicated columnist Kathryn Jean Lopez, senior fellow at the National Review Institute and editor-at-large at National Review, reflected on how God is present in these days and on how we must "let him show us so that we can show him."

To access her complete post, please visit:

Our Sunday Visitor: The faithful are rising to the challenge (24 MAR 20)

No comments:

Post a Comment