30 June 2020

Br. Bartholomew Calvano, O.P., on Sports Fans and Saints

"Growing up, I did not think much of professional sports and rarely watched them. During college, I eventually started to follow them since they were a useful conversation starter. The more that I followed sports, the more I began to enjoy rooting for various teams. Now I am (to some degree) happy when my team wins and sad when it loses. It is this association of happiness with the success of our sports teams that can point us a little bit toward heaven."

In a recent commentary, Brother Bartholomew Calvano, O.P., reflected on the similarities of fans sharing in the success of their teams with saints sharing in the joy of other saints.

To access Br. Bartholomew's complete post, please visit:

Dominicana: Root, Root, Root for the Home Team (13 JAN 20)

No comments:

Post a Comment