21 September 2020

Bishop Tobin on Seeing Life with God Vis-à-vis Seeing Life without God

"Recently I went for my annual eye exam and the doctor followed the regular routine, a routine you probably know. Pushing the optical instrument up to my face, and flipping various lenses in front of my eyes to measure any change in my vision, the doctor asked each time: 'Which is better, one or two?'

"My exam was successful and I don't need new glasses this year, but I've been thinking about the doctor's repeated question, 'which is better, one or two,' and how it serves as an analogy for the way we see life every day, for there we also have two options. 'One' is a blurred, secular vision without God; and 'two' is a focused vision of faith with God at the very center."

In a recent commentary, Bishop Thomas J. Tobin, of the Diocese of Providence (RI), reflected on the implications of seeing life with God vis-à-vis seeing life without God.

To access Bishop Tobin's complete essay, please visit: 

The Imitation of Christ: Which Is Better: One Or Two? (17 SEP 20)

No comments:

Post a Comment