17 October 2020

Marcel LeJeune on the Relationship Between Evangelization, Catechesis, and Apologetics

"My youngest daughter needed help with a math problem. I explained it in a way that I thought would make sense, realizing I now have a 4th grader's understanding of math and she is in 6th grade. Overhearing our conversation, my wife told her a different way to do it. Trying to figure the problem out still, our daughter asked our son for help (parent fail!). He told her that both my wife and I were right, just coming at the problem with different ways of solving it. We were both right, but neither of us was giving the full answer. This is like the answers that you might receive if you asked a Catholic leader about the relationship between evangelization, catechesis, and apologetics. You are probably going to get a lot of right answers, but incomplete ones, which may not hit every angle of the issue."

In a recent Catholic Missionary Disciples commentary, writer Marcel LeJeune reflected on the relationship between evangelization and catechesis, including their interplay and differences. He also included a reflection on the role of apologetics in supporting both.

To access the complete Catholic Missionary Disciples post, please visit:

Catholic Missionary Disciples: The Relationship Between Evangelization, Catechesis, and Apologetics

No comments:

Post a Comment