18 May 2021

Br. Raymond La Grange, O.P., on God's Mercy in Every Aspect of Our Loves

"Saint Therese of Liseux, four months before her death, pondered the forgiveness of God upon which she had relied her whole life. Thinking of a particular lapse in patience toward a sister who later showed her much kindness, she wrote:

I confess I am much happier because of my weakness than if - sustained by grace - I had been a model of patience. It does me so much good to see that Jesus is always sweet and tender towards me. Truly it is enough to make me die of grateful love (Letter to Mother Agnes of Jesus, May 28, 1897).

"One may suppose that St. Therese was just looking for another opportunity to think of Jesus. By mental gymnastics she managed to associate him with whatever was on her mind. But her insight is simpler than all that. It's just good metaphysics."

In a recent commentary, Brother Raymond La Grange, O.P., reflected on how we will eventually "see the handiwork of the divine artist in every good we have done and every suffering we have endured."

To access Br. Raymond's complete post, please visit:

Dominicana: The Argument from Evil (12 MAY 21)

No comments:

Post a Comment