16 May 2021

Msgr. Pope on the Feast of the Ascension

". . .This marvelous [Feast of the Ascension] is not merely about something that took place two thousand years ago, for though Christ our head has ascended, we the members of His body are ascending with Him. Because He was ascended, we, too, have ascended. In my own life as a Christian, I am brought higher every year by the Lord, who is drawing me up with Him. This is not some mere slogan, but something I am actually experiencing. An old song says, 'I was sinking deep in sin, far from the peaceful shore. Very deeply stained with sin, sinking to rise no more. But the master of the sea, heard my despairing cry. And from the waters lifted me. Now safe am I. Love Lifted me when nothing else could help. Love lifted me!'

"If we are faithful, the feast of the Lord’s Ascension is our feast, too.. . ."

In a recent commentary, Monsignor Charles Pope (pastor of Holy Comforter-Saint Cyprian Parish, Washington, DC) reflected on the Feast of the Ascension and what it means.

To access Msgr. Pope's complete post, please visit:

Community in Mission: Love Lifted Me: A Homily for the Ascension of the Lord (16 MAY 21)

No comments:

Post a Comment