31 July 2021

Pope Francis on the Value of Senior Citizens

"Older people are not 'leftovers' to be discarded; rather, they continue to be precious nourishment for families, young people and communities, Pope Francis said in the homily he wrote for the Mass marking the first World Day for Grandparents and the Elderly.

"'Let us ask ourselves, "Have I visited my grandparents, my elderly relatives, the older people in my neighborhood? Have I listened to them? Have I spent time with them?"' the pope said in his homily, which was read aloud at the Mass by Archbishop Rino Fisichella."

A recent article in The Pilot reported on this homily from Pope Francis.

To access the complete report, please visit:

The Pilot: Elderly are to be valued, not discarded, pope says (29 JUL 21)

No comments:

Post a Comment