17 July 2023

Bishop Henning on Living the Little Way

"It has been a singular blessing to be appointed by Pope Francis to minister in the Diocese of Providence. I am doing my best to learn the ways and the beauty of my new Rhode Island home. There are so many unique aspects of our state and its communities. I am particularly fond of our closeness to the sea. Coming from a larger state, I also value the more human scale of Rhode Island. We are, of course, the smallest state in the union. I wonder if we appreciate the advantages that come with smallness."

In a recent commentary, Bishop Richard G. Henning, bishop of the Diocese of Providence (RI), reflected some of the blessings related to living in a small state and living the "little way."

To access Bishop Henning's complete essay, please visit: 

The State of Hope: Living the Little Way (13 JUL 23)

No comments:

Post a Comment