09 July 2023

Fourteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time

Today the Church celebrates the Fourteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time. The assigned readings are Zechariah 9:9-10; Romans 8:9, 11-13; and Matthew 11:25-30. The Responsorial Psalm is from Psalm 145 (Psalm 145:1-2, 8-11, 13-14).

For one version of the Responsorial Psalm set to music, please visit:

YouTube: Spirit & Psalm - 14th Sunday in Ordinary Time, 2023 - Year A - Psalm 145 - Walther

The Gospel reading is as follows:

At that time Jesus exclaimed: "I give praise to you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, for although you have hidden these things from the wise and the learned you have revealed them to little ones. Yes, Father, such has been your gracious will. All things have been handed over to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son wishes to reveal him."

"Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves. For my yoke is easy, and my burden light."

Reflections related to these readings:

Oblates of St. Francis de Sales: Salesian Sunday Reflections: 14th Sunday in Ordinary Time

Oblates of St. Francis de Sales: Sundays Salesian: Fourteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time (July 9, 2023)

Community in Mission: Stop Yoking Around - A Homily for the 14th Sunday of the Year (8 JUL 23)

Benedictine College: This Sunday, The Wise Don't See Him Like We Do (6 JUL 23)

Word on Fire: Enter the Inner Life of God (Cycle A * 14th Wk of Ordinary Time * Ordinary Time)

No comments:

Post a Comment