25 July 2026

Fr. Joe Newman, OSFS, on Facing Our Limitations

". . . You can imagine the first morning of our meetings.  Many of us had just crossed multiple time zones.  We were jet-lagged, a bit dazed, and facing an opening day full of prayer and discussion.  Naturally, one of my first stops was the coffee machine.  As I stood there waiting for my coffee, I noticed a large sticker on the front of the machine that read,  'No Limit.'

"In my sleep-deprived state, the thought that the coffee machine had 'no limit' was humorous since I came to the machine specifically facing my limitations.

"Those two words, 'No Limit,' lingered with me during the following meetings.  My daily experience is one of many limits.  There are limits on time, energy, personnel, resources, and my own wisdom, patience, gentleness, and compassion."

In a recent commentary, Father Joe Newman, OSFS, reflected on how St. Francis de Sales invites us to become humble - not admonishing our limitations, but blessing them.

To access Fr. Newman's complete post, please visit:

De Sales Weekly: Provincial Reflection: No Limits (23 JUL 26)


No comments:

Post a Comment