"When I was in graduate school, an elderly lady lived next door to our lively bachelor pad. We almost never saw her, but I remember once she said to us across the fence, 'I'm tired. I’' just plain tired of life'” There was no mistaking the profound inner weariness in her words. Somewhat bewildered, I thought, 'Wow, how unfortunate.' Though I had experienced a share of travails and disappointments, such a disposition was largely beyond my ken.
"It isn't anymore. And she and her words come back to me with some regularity. I am not saying that I find myself now in her place. Yet I do see how one can come to such a pass, and this is from my own and others' experience."
In a recent commentary, writer John Cuddeback reflected on fragility being part of human life on on Jesus' call to all who are weary.
To access his complete post, please visit:
LifeCraft: Dealing with Weariness (5 AUG 26)
No comments:
Post a Comment