21 April 2011

Prayer for Priests

I do not know the origin of this prayer, but I ran across it a few decades ago. I think it is a good one to offer up regularly.

Prayer for Priests

Dear Lord, I pray for Your faithful and fervent priests,
the priests who are falling away from the Host, the true and living God,
the priests who labor at home and in distant mission fields,
the tempted and disobedient priests,
the lonely and desolate priests,
the young and old priests,
the sick and dying priests, and
the souls of Your priests in Purgatory.

But especially for the priests who are dearest to me;
the priest who baptized me;
the priests who have absolved me of my sins;
the priests at whose Mass I have assisted and have given me Your Body and Blood in Holy Communion;
the priests who have taught and instructed me
and to whom I am indebted in any way.

Please keep them close to Your Heart, for they are in Your Heart, and bless them abundantly in time and in eternity.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment