20 February 2023

Bishop Tobon on Little Acts Of Kindness

"I'm thinking of the gentleman who called my office to say that he drove past my house every day, and that he sometimes saw a coyote prowling around, and knew that I walked my little dog in the same area and wanted me and the puppy to be safe.

"And the lady who sent me a package filled with candy and other treats for my Easter basket after I had written about how much I treasure the Easter basket my mom gave me many years ago. . . .

"These are just a few of the many little acts of kindness I've experienced over the years. In each case it took a little bit of initiative for someone to step forward to do or say something nice. But these little gestures certainly brightened my day and made me happy."

In a recent commentary, Bishop Thomas J. Tobin, of the Diocese of Providence (RI), reflected on little acts of kindness that brighten our day and remind us of all the goodness in the world, little acts of kindness that make a difference.

To access Bishop Tobin's complete essay, please visit:

The Imitation of Christ: Those Little Acts Of Kindness (9 FEB 93)

No comments:

Post a Comment