13 July 2023

Fr. Joe Newman, OSFS, on God's Love

"I recently had the honor of returning to my first parish, St. John Neumann (VA), where I was ordained and served as a deacon 10 years ago. This parish will always hold a special place in my heart because it was my introduction to ordained life and ministry. . . . I returned because Fr. Joe Brennan, OSFS, asked me to come and preach the Lenten mission. I looked forward to this visit for months.

"As part of the mission, I was able to celebrate the Sunday Masses. I saw many old friends, but one sticks out in particular. After one of the Masses, I recognized the mother of the first child I ever baptized. . . ."

In a recent commentary, Father Joe Newman, OSFS, reflected on God's love for us and some of what this means.

To access Fr. Kolodziej's complete post, please visit:

De Sales Weekly: Provincial's Reflection:
God's Love (13 JUL 23)

No comments:

Post a Comment