16 July 2023

Scarlett Rose Ford on Praying over Big Decisions

"I entered the Zoom waiting room to see the words I had prepared my entire college career for: 'Harvard Divinity School Interview.' Hail Marys were on repeat in my head while I sat there; I was nearing a complete Rosary by the time the interviewer popped on the screen. The last thing I saw was a text from my mom, 'You're going to kill it, Sweet Pea! Just be yourself.' . . .

"For some reason, God nudged me toward one of the top academic universities in the world, and I chose to trust Him. I prepared extremely intellectual answers for the most mundane of questions. I was sure nothing could stump me.

"'Say you get into all your top schools - congratulations! What will your decision-making process look like?' the interviewer asked me. . . .

"'I'll pray about it,' I began, unsure what else to say, 'And . . . Yeah, I'll just pray about it.'"

In a recent commentary, writer Scarlett Rose Ford reflected on praying over big decisions..

To access Ms. Ford's complete post, please visit:

Aleteia: Scarlett Rose Ford: Would I admit I'd 'pray about it'? (16 JUL 23)

No comments:

Post a Comment