26 April 2024

Fr. Jack Kolodziej, OSFS, on the Gospel of Mark

"When I was in high school, we learned about the New Testament in my freshman religion class. Fr. Joseph Murray, an Oblate who seemed to know everything about the Bible, taught us that the Gospel of Mark was the shortest of the four gospels. . . .

"Later theology classes would confirm what I had first learned as a freshman at Northeast Catholic High School. While they expanded my understanding of scripture and explained the Gospels in more detail, the core concepts of the Bible were shared with me while I was reading The Catcher in the Rye and trying to grasp the complexities of geometry. The idea that we could encounter Jesus alive in the pages of an ancient book appealed to me as a young man looking for meaning in life. . . ."

In a recent commentary, Father Jack Kolodziej, OSFS, reflected on how St. Mark's Gospel invites readers "to encounter the real Jesus and to let the Savior of the world change our world."

To access Fr. Kolodziej's complete post, please visit:

De Sales Weekly: Provincial's Reflection: Responding to the Gospel (25 APR 24)

No comments:

Post a Comment