18 April 2024

Lucia A. Silecchia on the Wonder of Ordinary Time

"By now, the eclipse glasses have been put away. The photos of the April 8 nature show have all been posted to Facebook and Instagram to prove that it really happened. The stories from the day have, likewise, also been told -- ranging from the 'wow' from those in the path of totality to the 'meh' from those who saw a partial eclipse through a cloud shrouded sky.

"I was in the latter camp since my cloudy neighborhood seemed merely and anticlimactically overcast. Yet, it was still a 'wow' day. For me, the excitement was not what I saw in the heavens. It was, rather, what I saw here on earth. For a day, I saw busy people catch their breath and look skywards. I saw genuine excitement about a natural sky show. I saw all too cynical people embracing the excitement, without seeming self-conscious at all.

"Since then, I have wondered why. . . 

"Perhaps there is, in all of us, the search for wonder. . . ."

In a recent commentary, writer/Professor Lucia A. Silecchia reflected on the extraordinary splendor that, through God's grace, fills our ordinary time

To access Professor Silecchia's complete post, please visit:

The Pilot: Echoes: Lucia A. Silecchia: The wonder of Ordinary Time (17 APR 24)

No comments:

Post a Comment