11 May 2010

Peter, Paul, and Mary: "Day is Done"

For some reason, after my usual "Good Morning, Lord" prayer that I offer when I first get up, the lyrics of the Peter, Paul, and Mary song, "Day is Done," began swirling around my head and stayed there for a good part of the early morning. It was mostly the chorus, but other lyrics were there as well.

I soon refreshed my memory on the complete set of lyrics:
   Peter Paul & Mary: "Day Is Done" Lyrics

After refreshing my memory regarding the lyrics, I "happened to" come across this presentation on YouTube: Peter, Paul, and Mary (with the Smothers Brothers, Donovan, and Jennifer Warnes) singing "Day is Done" (This is from the Smothers Brothers show, which ran on CBS for a while "a number of" years ago.):

   Peter Paul & Mary (& Friends): Day Is Done

As a follow-up, when I was immersed in today's Office of Readings, the intial Psalm reading was from Psalm 37: "Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act." (Psalm 37:5). I saw an instant connection between the verse and the song, a connection that was a strong reminder and an encouraging word for me.

I thank the Lord for this and for His many ways of encouraging me and each of His people, and I offer this for encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment