30 December 2011

Brandon Vogt on the Blessing of the Pope being 'Just a Man'

"'You actually follow the Pope?!' people have asked me, sure that this is just as silly as believing in fairies. 'He's just a man like you and me! What are you brainwashed?'

"For many years, I wondered the same thing about Catholics. Before I entered the Church I questioned why so many people were devoted to a simple, strange old fellow in a white dress. After all, he's just a man, right?"

In a recent commentary, Brandon Vogt reflected on what a blessing it is, despite a number of Popes who have left something to be desired, that Jesus chose "just a man" to be his Vicar during our earthly pilgrimage.

To access Brandon's complete post, please visit:

Ignitum Today: Why I’m Glad the Pope is ‘Just a Man’ (26 DEC 11)

No comments:

Post a Comment