31 December 2011

Jamie McAdams on Promoting the Sacrament of Reconciliation

"Here's the deal. I'm just a guy in the pews. Most of what I know about Catholicism is self taught. I have no degrees in theology so everything I have learned has been from books, CD's or retreats for the most part. So, I'm no expert by any means. But, I think I'm right when I say the sacrament of reconciliation is fabulous and is too under used and unappreciated--in my little opinion. Furthermore, I think one of the reasons that it is under used is because Catholics don't understand it and they don't understand it because it's not taught like it should be in most parishes."

In a recent commentary, Jamie McAdams reflected on the importance of the sacrament of reconciliation and on ways in which parishes may encourage reception of this sacrament.

To access his complete post, please visit:

Roman Catholic Cop: Three Prongs for Confession (28 DEC 11)

No comments:

Post a Comment