24 September 2012

On Living Our Faith at Work

“One of the most head-spinning times in my life was right around my 40th birthday. First came the birthday itself, complete with far too much hand-wringing on my part.  Then I was offered a terrific promotion to Senior Vice President of my employer. A few days later, I officially graduated with the MBA. Finally, a couple days after that, our eighth child was born. This all happened within a ten day period. It was an incredible time, full of excitement and high expectations.

“Several years later, I continue to be fascinated with leadership and its application. In a sense, my book Faith at Work: Finding Purpose Beyond the Paycheck is a reflection on Christian leadership and how we can grow in our faith and our work acumen simultaneously by living the virtues in the workplace. As a result, I’m grateful for the Church’s efforts to better articulate the essence of leadership in timeless terms.”

In a recent commentary, writer Kevin Lowry reflected on living the virtues and being faithful to God in our daily work.

To access Mr. Lowry’s complete post, please visit:

Grateful Convert: Applied Leadership (20 SEP 12)

No comments:

Post a Comment