24 November 2012

Bernard Toutounji on Not Dismissing Those Perceived to Be ‘Useless’

“I was scrolling through Facebook today and I saw the following message; ‘KEEP people in your life that truly love you, motivate you, encourage you, inspire you, enhance you & make you happy. If you have people who do NONE of the above, let them go.’ These sort of short inspirational messages are all over the internet and I have posted up a few of them myself. However as I read this one I found myself wondering what I should do with the people in my life who didn’t love me or motivate me or encourage me or inspire me or enhance me or even make me happy. And what if these same people did not motivate or inspire anyone? What if these people were a drain on me, their families and on the whole society?”

In a recent commentary, writer Bernard Toutounji reflected on the importance of not dismissing or forgetting those who cannot and will not be able to offer us love, motivation, and/or encouragement.

To access Mr. Toutounji’s complete post, please visit:

Ignitum Today: The Useless People in our Life (22 NOV 12)

No comments:

Post a Comment