25 November 2012

The Solemnity of Christ the King

Today the Church celebrates the Solemnity of Christ the King. The assigned readings are Daniel 7:13-14, Revelation 1:5-8, and John 18:33-37. The Responsorial Psalm is Psalm 93 (Psalm 93:1-2, 5).

The Gospel reading is as follows:

Pilate said to Jesus, “Are you the King of the Jews?”

Jesus answered, “Do you say this on your own or have others told you about me?”

Pilate answered, “I am not a Jew, am I? Your own nation and the chief priests handed you over to me. What have you done?”

Jesus answered, “My kingdom does not belong to this world. If my kingdom did belong to this world, my attendants would be fighting to keep me from being handed over to the Jews. But as it is, my kingdom is not here.”

So Pilate said to him, “Then you are a king?”

Jesus answered, “You say I am a king. For this I was born and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who belongs to the truth listens to my voice.”

Reflections on these readings:

Oblates of St. Francis de Sales: Sundays Salesian: Our Lord Jesus Christ, King of the Universe (November 25, 2012)

Msgr. Charles Pope: Is He your King? Really? A Meditation on the Gospel of Christ the King (24 NOV 12)

The Deacon’s Bench: Homily for November 25, 2012: Solemnity of Christ the King (24 NOV 12)

Father James | Pastor of Our Lady of Guadalupe and Author: ¡Viva Cristo Rey! (23 NOV 12)

Dr. Marcellino D'Ambrosio: The Feast of Christ the King

The Sacred Page: “Viva Cristo Rey!” The Solemnity of Christ the King (21 NOV 12)

Dr. Scott Hahn: A Royal Truth (November 25th 2012 - Solemnity of Christ the King)

Spirituality of the Readings: What Kind of King? (The Solemnity of Christ the King B)

No comments:

Post a Comment