16 January 2013

On the Oompa Loompas, Willy Wonka, and Our Relationship with God

“Do you ever get silly tunes stuck in your head? I know my Dominican brothers are going to tease me about this, but I recently re-watched the 1971 film, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, and I have the “Oompa Loompa song” stuck in my head.

“I have to admit that the Oompa Loompas are my favorite characters in the movie. They are happy little people with a simple creed: If you behave and have a good moral character, you will live in happiness, too, like the Oompa Loompa (do-ba-dee-doo).”

In a recent commentary, Brother John Baptist Hoang, O.P., reflected on how the relationship between the Oompa Loompas and Willy Wonka is in a way analogous to our relationship with God.

To access Br. John’s complete post, please visit:

Dominicana: Happy Like an Oompa Loompa (10 JAN 13)

No comments:

Post a Comment