11 July 2015

Bishop Tobin on Staying Positive Around Negative People

"Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive because your words become your behavior. Keep your behavior positive because your behavior becomes your habits. Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny. (Mahatma Gandhi)

"So, recently I was standing in the back of the church awaiting the arrival of the students and the beginning of a Confirmation ceremony. While there I had a few minutes to check out the pamphlet rack and I came across a little brochure published by The Christophers entitled 'Staying Positive Around Negative People.'

"'Now that’s a helpful topic,' I said to myself as I quickly grabbed two of the brochures and slipped them under my alb and into my pocket."

In a recent commentary, Bishop Thomas J. Tobin, of the Diocese of Providence (RI), reflected on the importance of, and ways in which one can, staying positive when surrounded by negative people.

To access Bishop Tobin's complete essay, please visit:

Without A Doubt: On a Scale of 1 - 10, How Cranky Are You? (14 MAY 15)

No comments:

Post a Comment