29 December 2015

Ryan Kraeger on Senior Citizens' Call to Holiness

"'We should start referring to 'age' as 'levels'. So when your Lvl 80 it sounds more badass than just being an old person.'

"My mom posted this image on my facebook wall this morning. It was undoubtedly the mysterious and ironic workings of Providence that prompted her to do so, because as it so happened I had been contemplating that exact idea for several weeks, off and on. More ironically still, I had been thinking about it at Holy Hour that very morning while wondering what to write about for my upcoming Ignitum post.

"So, as I said, a Providence moment. Sometimes even I can take a hint.

"Seriously though, that is my exact conception of aging, in gamer metaphor. An 80-year-old ought to be twice as powerful and holy as a 40-year-old, or else what on earth is the point of getting older?

In a recent commentary, writer Ryan Kraeger reflected on senior citizens' call to holiness.

To access Ryan's complete post, please visit:

Ignitum Today: Leveling Up (14 DEC 15)

No comments:

Post a Comment