19 July 2018

Rob Marco on the Relationship of Catholics with Other Committed Non-Catholic Christians

"For the past five or six years I have been attending a men's group run by a non-denominational evangelical church. I would have liked to find a Catholic men's group, but whenever I looked into it at the parishes my family has attended, these groups were always scheduled during the middle of a weekday, conflicting with my work schedule. I imagined that the groups were geared more to retired people. The group I attend, however, meets on Tuesdays at 6 a.m., and the men range in age from their late twenties to their late sixties. We are all working and raising families.

"I realize that my attendance at a Protestant men's group is a unique situation, but I am very grateful for this group. These are men of integrity, faithful in prayer, rooted in scripture, charitable in their giving, and strong in their Christian beliefs. Whenever someone was in need, these brothers were right there to provide assistance. When someone needed prayer, they covered them in it. Though I am one of the few Catholics who attend, I have never been made to feel like an outsider. The particulars of my beliefs as a Catholic may not be shared by the men, but they respect my beliefs. And that means a great deal to me."

In a recent commentary, writer Rob Marco reflected on his relationship with other committed Christian men in light of Mark 9:40 and other scripture passages.

To access Mr. Marco's complete post, please visit:

Catholic Stand: Whoever Is Not Against You Is For You (3 JUL 18)

No comments:

Post a Comment