31 January 2019

Br. Isidore Rice, O.P., on Why He Bows His Head at the Name of Jesus

"I decided to bow my head at the name of Jesus. I wish I could say I was led to this by feelings of pious devotion. I was not. I just saw some priests doing it and it seemed like a good idea; we call His name holy after all. So I decided to bow my head at the name of Jesus.

"I wish I could say my motives were perfectly pure, but honestly, I hoped to be seen. When I bowed my head at the name of Jesus, certainly someone would take note, and they would think me quite pious and holy. Not everybody bows their head at the name of Jesus, you know. That's not why I did it, at least not usually, but the thought was not displeasing to me. But I decided to bow my head at the name of Jesus. . . ." 

In a recent commentary, Brother Isidore Rice, O.P., reflected on why he started to and why he continues to bow his head at the Holy Name of Jesus. 

To access Br. Maximilian Maria's complete post, please visit: 

Dominicana: I Decided to Bow My Head at the Name of Jesus (3 JAN 19)

No comments:

Post a Comment