24 January 2019

Jenny Eubbing on the Power of Story Telling in Evangelization

"I tend to lean pretty far in the self disclosing direction when I share here on the blog. I've pulled back a little bit as the kids have gotten older as far as the specifics I share about them, images, etc, but I'm still a fairly open book with my own story. I share bits about our marriage that Dave approves, but for the most part I'm a one woman show in this space.

"The reason I share so much about my own life and my ongoing conversion is because I believe so deeply in the power of story.

"When I was reawakening to the truth towards the end of my first run through college (I basically had two separate college experiences - 4 years at CU Boulder where I did my level best to uphold the party school reputation, and 3 years at Franciscan University of Steubenville where I finished my BA and started my MA) much of the awakening happened while listening to CDs and tapes (this was pre podcast era, people) of other people's conversion stories."

In a recent commentary, writer Jenny Eubbing reflected on the power of story in sharing one's faith and related experiences.

To access Ms. Eubbing's complete post, please visit:

Mama Needs Coffee: Evangelizing with your story (17 JAN 19)

No comments:

Post a Comment