22 September 2023

Scarlett Rose Ford on Encountering God in a Backyard Garden

"The smell of chili spice wafted through the garden as I collected Sunday's harvest into the upturned bottom half of my oversized shirt. I tiptoed around my backyard, feeling the cool earth between my toes as the morning sun kissed my face. In the kitchen, I peeled tomatillo husks and diced cherry bomb peppers as I looked out the window to the rest of the ripening patch. While the garden was once nothing more than a menagerie of seeds planted haphazardly in tilled soil, it is now where my labor was coming to fruition, literally. I was making my first 'garden to table' recipe: a humble bowl of salsa."

In a recent commentary, writer Scarlett Rose Ford reflected on her gardening efforts vis-à-vis God as a gardener, spending time with us, pruning us, and taking care of us.

To access Ms. Ford's complete post, please visit:

Aleteia: Scarlett Rose Ford: Encountering God in a backyard garden: I'm worthwhile to Him (18 SEP 23)

No comments:

Post a Comment