30 November 2023

Fr. Joe Newman, OSFS, on Love of God

"Love of God has never been easy for me. During formation and my early priesthood, I often felt like an imposter. I kept thinking I should be feeling more or doing more. People talked about being on fire and I would have settled for a slow burn. In addition to that, I was supposed to be formed in the tradition of Francis de Sales who wrote the book on loving God. His other classic is actually called the Treatise on the Love of God. When asked if I had a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, I would often think, 'Well, I have a working relationship with Jesus Christ.'"

In a recent commentary, Father Joe Newman, OSFS, reflected on the relationship between love of God and love of neighbor..

To access Fr. Newman's complete post, please visit:

De Sales Weekly: Provincial's Reflection:
Love of God (30 NOV 23)

No comments:

Post a Comment