14 April 2021

Fr. Patrick Briscoe, O.P., on Our Call to Be Vessels of Mercy

"At the Shrine of Divine Mercy in Krakow, Poland, pilgrims can visit a replica of the cell of Saint Faustina. It is striking in its simplicity; when I visited I became fixated on the simple mug on Sister Faustina's bedside table. The sisters preserved a little drinking cup, and lovingly arranged it, as it would have been, when St. Faustina was alive. 

"The little drinking vessel caught my attention, because gazing at the cup, I remembered the words of Our Lord to St. Faustina. Jesus said to her, 'I am offering people a vessel with which they are to keep coming for graces to the fountain of mercy.' The vessel Jesus intended was the image he commissioned, complete with the words, 'Jesus, I trust in you.'

"And there I realized a further meaning. We are called to be vessels of mercy. Just as Sister Faustina held and poured out the graces of Divine Mercy, we too are called to embody and dispense the rays of the Lord's mercy."

In a recent commentary, Father Patrick Briscoe, O.P., reflected on our calling to be vessels of His mercy.

To access Fr Patrick's complete post, please visit: 

Aleteia: Fr. Patrick Briscoe, OP: St. Faustina's coffee cup and lessons for Divine Mercy Sunday (11 APR 21)

No comments:

Post a Comment