24 January 2022

Bishop Tobin on the Unity of the Eucharist

"In my nearly forty-nine years as a priest, I have celebrated Holy Mass thousands of times. And even though it has become a very familiar part of my routine, sometimes in saying Holy Mass new insights, or at least important reminders, come to me.

"That has happened recently as I've become more aware of the fact that every time I hold the host and say, 'This is my body' and hold the chalice and say 'This is the chalice of my blood,' I am united in a very real way to every other priest of the diocese who has said or will say those same words the same day. I am comforted by that awareness.

"The reality of Eucharistic unity goes beyond the priests of the diocese, however. . . ."

In a recent commentary, Bishop Thomas J. Tobin, of the Diocese of Providence (RI), reflected on Eucharistic unity and its meaning for Catholics throughout the world and even its transcending time.

To access Bishop Tobin's complete essay, please visit: 

The Imitation of Christ: The Unity of the Eucharist (20 JAN 22)

No comments:

Post a Comment