08 January 2022

George Weigel on Reasons for Hope

"While history is always full of surprises, including happy ones, I must confess that I'm not full of Pentecostal joy as I consider the next 12 months.

"World politics are likely to be grim. . . .

"Will life in these United States be calmer? I doubt it. . . .

"Pondering all this, I recently called a friend and said, 'Give me some good news.' To which he immediately replied, 'Jesus Christ is Lord.'"

In a recent commentary, George Weigel (columnist and Distinguished Senior Fellow, Ethics and Public Policy Center, Washington, DC) reflected on how it is "always good for the Church to make that basic confession of faith, but especially when the shadows are lengthening across the historical landscape."

To access Mr. Weigel's complete post, please visit:

The Boston Pilot: Echoes: The Catholic Difference: No optimism, much hope (5 JAN 22)

No comments:

Post a Comment