11 January 2022

Br. Thomas Nee, O.P., on Christmas Continuing Every Day

"When I was a child, I wanted nothing more than for it to be Christmas everyday. Had this been the case, I would find my fulfillment in opening a brand new Nintendo Wii for weeks on end. ABC Family's 25 Days of Christmas would round up to a nice 365 days. Don't even get me started on eggnog. And lest we forget, there would be no school.

"Of course, looking at this concept now, I think I would get sick from sugar and Burl Ives. Still, for many, it is sad to see the Christmas season come to a close. . . . 

"These passing things only signify the secular celebration of Christmas, the creed of which proclaims the season to end roughly on December 26th. For the Church however, the season goes on quite a bit longer than the department stores would let us think. . . ."

In a recent commentary, Brother Thomas Nee, O.P., reflected on how the events of the Incarnation are present every day.

To access Br. Thomas' complete post, please visit:

Dominicana: Christmas Every Day (11 JAN 22) 

No comments:

Post a Comment