20 August 2023

Laura Phelps on Losing Our Lists

"I am a list maker. Before I can sit to pray, I must get everything out of my head and onto a list. Distraction surrounds me, and the only way to quiet my monkey mind is to put it all on paper, organize the 'must-dos,' and circle the 'not yet dones.' The list needs to happen for my day to run smoothly and for life to feel purposeful. Then, when the night creeps in, my head can hit the pillow in peace as I recount everything I crossed off my list.

"The list is a lie.

"God is not looking for how much I get done but how well I love. . . ."

In a recent commentary, writer Laura Phelps reflected on the importance of losing our lists and focusing on priorities.

To access Fr. Colwell's complete post, please visit:

Aleteia: Laura Phelps: Lose the list … and see what happens (18 AUG 23)

No comments:

Post a Comment