12 August 2023

Maureen Furletti on Walking Humbly with God

". . . Above the doors of my vacation home parish are written the words from Hebrew Scripture: 'Be kind and just and walk humbly with your God' (Micah 6:8).

"My students at Mount Saint Joseph Academy (Philadelphia) know this is one of my favorite scripture passages, as it is displayed prominently in my theology classroom. I often cite St. Joseph as the example of how to 'walk humbly with our God.' This week, when leaving Mass at this parish administered by the Oblates of St. Francis de Sales, another saint came to mind: Jane de Chantal."

In a recent commentary, Maureen A. Furletti reflected on the life of St. Jane de Chantal and on how her life demonstrated how to live the words from Micah.

To access Ms. Furletti's complete post, please visit:

De Sales Weekly: Salesian Reflection: Walking Humbly with God (10 AUG 23)

No comments:

Post a Comment