11 October 2019

Rev. Michael Penza on the Blessing of Being Stuck

"A few days ago I found myself stuck inside my house with no way out. I was snowed-in and there was nothing I could do about it. Well, to be fair, I could have done something. I could have marched outside to shovel. But that good intention quickly dissolved when I took one look outside my window. I knew I wasn't going out anytime soon. . . .

"Have you ever been stuck? Stuck without the energy to get unstuck? I knew what I could do, but I couldn't muster up enough energy to do it. Most of us don't like getting stuck. Even worse, we hate staying stuck. But did you know that staying stuck is one of the best places you can find yourself?"

In a recent commentary, Rev. Michael Penza, associate pastor of Holden Chapel, Holden, MA, reflected on how being stuck may be God's way of getting us to be still.

To access Rev. Penza'a complete essay, please visit:

Telegram & Gazette: Keep the Faith: Staying Stuck could be the answer (26 JAN 19)

No comments:

Post a Comment