11 June 2024

Marlon De La Torre on the Danger of Spiritual Mediocrity

"The first time someone asked me why I made the Sign of the Cross before a meal I told him that I was grateful to Jesus for the meal I was about to receive. Rousing a sense of curiosity, I followed by explaining that the symbolism behind the Sign of the Cross proclaims and affirms my faith in Jesus Christ the Son of God who died for my sins, rose from the dead, and ascended into heaven leaving us to prepare to join Him in heaven, if we desire. Somewhat amused by my explanation, the gentleman asked me again, why? By now our conversation had caught the attention of other restaurant patrons who by all appearances were waiting to hear my response. I told him that the Sign of the Cross represents the love between God, His Son, His Spirit, and us his children. Every time I make the sign of the cross, I declare publicly that I love Him."

In a recent commentary, Marlon De La Torre, Senior Director for the Department of Evangelization for the Catholic Diocese of Columbus, reflected on the importance of avoiding spiritual mediocrity.

To access Dr. De La Torre's complete post, please visit:

Knowing Is Doing: The Danger of Spiritual Mediocrity (10 JUN 24)

No comments:

Post a Comment